EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is incredibly simple to use, one of many reasons that you should consider it when looking for a good free disk partitioning tool.
There's a lot to like about the free edition of this program, but you should know that there's also a paid version, EaseUS Partition Master Professional, with a few extra abilities. More on this below.
EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition Pros & Cons
EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is one of the best disk partitioning tools out there, but there are, unfortunately, some features that are only available through the professional version:
Very user-friendly, even for inexperienced computer users.
Lets you preview changes before applying them.
Includes lots of useful operations.
8 TB disks are supported.
Supports converting data disks to MBR/GPT.
Can only be used for personal use.
Can't manage dynamic volumes.
Email address required for the download.
More About EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition
Here are some other things worth knowing before downloading EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition:
- Works with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- All changes are queued and sent to the "Pending Operations" section at the top of the program and are only applied to the disks when you click Execute
- The computer can optionally be shut down automatically after applying the pending changes
- Resizing a partition is as easy as physically sliding the whole partition left and right, but you also have the option to enter the partition size manually
- Partitions on the same disk can be merged together, which will copy all the contents of one and put it into a folder on the other, creating one single partition but without erasing any of the data
- An operating system can be migrated from one drive to another, larger one
- Individual partitions can be deleted or you can quickly remove all partitions on a disk at one time
- New partitions can be formatted in the FAT/FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, or EXT4 file system, or even left unformatted
- One partition can be copied to a different partition to essentially create a cloned partition, even if the destination partition is smaller than the source
- You can hide a partition, which will prevent Windows from displaying it with the other connected drives
- Primary partitions and logical partitions can be converted back and forth between each other
- Drives and partitions can be wiped, permanently erasing all the data
- A surface test can be run for any hard drive to detect any bad sectors, as well as chkdsk to fix errors
- Includes a partition recovery tool to restore deleted or lost partitions
- You can rebuild the MBR of any drive
- EaseUS Partition Master supports defragmenting partitions
- You can easily change the drive letter and volume label of hard drives
Thoughts on EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition
We love that the changes you make aren't immediately applied to the disks. It makes it way easier to play out what will happen after you've made all the changes.
For example, you can resize a partition, format the resulting unallocated space, and then change the drive letters all in just a few moments, and then see what the result looks like before actually doing any of it. The program interface will change to reflect what you've done, but none of it will actually apply to the disks until you click the Execute button.
We also think the overall look and feel of EaseUS Partition Master Free makes whatever you're doing with your computer's partitions easy to understand and accomplish. The options aren't too overwhelming and each of them are accurately named.
Additionally, we really like how detailed the explanations and tutorials are in their online manual, super helpful if you're still not quite sure what to do.
If you pay for the professional version, you get extra features like intelligent partition adjustment, the ability to clone and replace a disk, WinPE bootable disk access, and partition recovery.